[Moo] What do I need to do to shed my mundane name?

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Thu Oct 23 12:40:52 PDT 2008

Scripsit Julian:
> What do I need to do to take this name? Do I have to have a one-on-one
> consult with our herald to have it approved? Do I have to register it before
> I use it? Or can I begin using it, like, now, since I'm reasonably certain I
> won't, for heraldic legal purposes or because of my own capricious nature,
> need to change it later on?

To start the actual registration process, you'll need to contact a
warranted Atlantian herald near you. Fortunately, Stierbach seems to have
quite a few of those, myself included. :-) You can pick whomever is
convenient for you to get together with.

However, if you are confident that your choisen SCA first name is
acceptable (and yes, such confidence is well deserved), then I'd recommend
starting to use it right away. That way you'll get used to hearing it and
associating it with yourself, and others will get used to calling you by
that name, well before you get the notice back that the name has been
registered.

Evan