[Moo] cartographic artist needed

Cyberhaaz at aol.com Cyberhaaz at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 19:13:36 PDT 2008

Hi, all, I have a great opportunity for someone with the time and talent to
do it.

The artist who was doing the map for my current fantasy novel produced  such
an awful product I just told my editor I'd rather do it  myself.  I don't even
know how to describe what was wrong with  it, it was so hideously bad.  If
you imagined a cartographer who had lived  a life of such debauchery and
violence that he was condemned  to eternal suffering for it, this map would be
hanging on the  wall of hell when he got there.

I am not good at drawing such things myself, which is why we hired it  out in
the first place. So my statement of "I'd rather do it myself" was kind  of,
well, a bluff ;).  I did ask if I could ask around for some  local artist who
could handle the job, where I could have input as it  went along, and my editor
said sure.   So....what I need is  someone capable of drawing a BW map of the
sort that usually shows up in  fantasy novels, actually a relatively simple
one, in a kinda period  style.  If you don't want to do the labelling, the art
department will  drop words in for me afterwards.  Pay is a couple of hundred
dollars,  plus of course credit for it in a best selling novel :-) Not to
mention my  eternal gratitude.

The one catch is, it has to be done soon. Probably this week.

Someone who has actually drawn period  maps, or bits of maps,  preferred, but
I'm open to those who haven't.

If you want to see what this usually entails, the site
_www.fantasy-atlas.org_ (http://www.fantasy-atlas.org)  has just about  every fantasy map known to
makind.

Celia Friedman