[Moo] cartographic artist needed

Anna Raab ladyofshallotte at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:50:54 PDT 2008

Celia,

I'm up for the task - if you like my style. I have never done cartography before, but feel confident about it. Here is a link to my personal blog, in the lower right hand side there is a slideshow of my artwork, if you want to check out my style. You can click on it to enlarge: http://yggdrasiltheworldtree.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Fiona Annwn O'Connaill

From: Cyberhaaz at aol.comDate: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:13:36 -0400To: moo at stierbach.orgSubject: [Moo] cartographic artist needed

Hi, all, I have a great opportunity for someone with the time and talent to do it.
The artist who was doing the map for my current fantasy novel produced such an awful product I just told my editor I'd rather do it myself.  I don't even know how to describe what was wrong with it, it was so hideously bad.  If you imagined a cartographer who had lived a life of such debauchery and violence that he was condemned to eternal suffering for it, this map would be hanging on the wall of hell when he got there.

I am not good at drawing such things myself, which is why we hired it out in the first place. So my statement of "I'd rather do it myself" was kind of, well, a bluff ;).  I did ask if I could ask around for some local artist who could handle the job, where I could have input as it went along, and my editor said sure.   So....what I need is someone capable of drawing a BW map of the sort that usually shows up in fantasy novels, actually a relatively simple one, in a kinda period style.  If you don't want to do the labelling, the art department will drop words in for me afterwards.  Pay is a couple of hundred dollars, plus of course credit for it in a best selling novel :-) Not to mention my eternal gratitude.

The one catch is, it has to be done soon. Probably this week.

Someone who has actually drawn period  maps, or bits of maps, preferred, but I'm open to those who haven't.

If you want to see what this usually entails, the site www.fantasy-atlas.org has just about every fantasy map known to makind.

Celia Friedman