[Moo] Help for Stierbach's B-Bday and Coronation

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Mon Aug 24 19:51:31 PDT 2009

Good evening Stierbach!

Last Saturday I put out a call for assistance for Stierbach's Annual Birthday Celebration and the Coronation of Vlad and Kalisa.
I do know a lot of people will be in attendance just from the Pre-reg info we have.

We have a very special event taking place this weekend, and I am sending this to you as a personal invitation to come out and help be part of this event.

These activities will go very quickly if we have a huge turnout of helpers. We are a large Barony!  I know some of you cannot come out until after work on friday and that is fine.  Some of you won't be able to help out until Saturday, and that is fine too.  If you can come earlier, that would be lovely.  I received less than 6 responses from that email.

I am still looking for assistance for this weekend.  I have a list of some of the items that need to be set up for this event.  If I cannot get volunteers from the two Cantons and from the rest of the Barony of Stierbach, I will put out a call on the Merry Rose to see if our neighboring cousins can help out.

Help the Field Steward;  Alienor de Bathe, alienorb48912 at yahoo.com.

FRIDAY:  We will be onsite all day:
- setting up tents, pavilions, day shades
- unloading boxes and bins from the trailer
- unloading and setting up baronial tables to various stations
- going to the storage locker to pick up Big White and hauling it back to the site, then setting it up.
- Setting up the Shower
- Setting up list fences
- Setting up Toll/Gate area
- Preparing the Feast Hall for Activities for the weekend
- Marking the parking lot for parking
   -- help with parking Saturday
- Marking the camping area for camping
   -- help with showing the campers where to set-up
- Marking off the esquestrian area for the horses
   -- helping out with the horses

SATURDAY:
- Finishing up what did not get finished on Friday.
- After evening Court:
  -- If there is time, pack up any pavilions, pop-ups and tents and store into the vehicles.
- After Feast:
  --Clean feast hall, help in the kitchen, pack up kitchen ware
- SUNDAY Morning:
  -- Take barional gear back to the storage locker on Sunday morning.
- Clean up the field

**I need to borrow 6 day shades.  Do you have one you can loan?

Do you have a truck, or  a trailer or an SUV that you would be willing to help transport items back to the storage locker?

Many hands make for light work.  These are the tasks that need to be done to make this event happen.  What are you willing to come out and help with??

Here are more places you can help out during the day!

Toll/Gate help -- You don't need experience to help check in.  You will receive training if you need it.  Contact Lord Sigfried McClure; siegfriedmcclure at aol.com
Field set-up/clean-up -- We will be setting up for the event on Friday, August 28, and early Saturday morning.  If you can come out and help set up pavilions, unload vehicles, set-up list fences, help set up for the various Courts scheduled; please contact the Children's Activities -- Lady Jacintha has planned various activities for the youth of Atlantia.  Children activities will run from 2-4 pm.  If you can give an hour or two to help out, please contact Lady Jacintha directly; cynthia_haggerty at yahoo.com
Children's Feast -- This is a free dinner being prepared for the children of Atlantia.  If you can volunteer your time to help out, let me know; garadh at verizon.net.
Feast -- Feast will be for 200 people.  We need feast servers, between 12-15 people.  If you would like to be a feast server, you will be able to eat feast for free.  You will serve two tables of 8 during feast.  I am offering this to the Barony first.  If I do not get enough servers, I will post on the Merry Rose. If you would like to sign up to be a feast server, please contact me,  garadh at verizon.net.
Chirurgeon/Water Bearing -- We need people to help out with waterbearing, and if you can volunteer your chirurgeon skills, please sign up.  The Chirurgeon in Charge is Erich von Kleinfeld.  He can be reached at 3fgburner at gmail.com.

Lots of activities are being planned and all of Atlantia will be visiting.  What are your plans for next weekend?  With this size of event, a lot of helping hands are needed.

This is a Call to All of Stierbach to sign up and volunteer to help make this a huge success.  Think about the events you have attended.  Did you have a good time?  Let's show how Stierbach provides hospitality to her visitors.  The more people who volunteer to help, will enable everyone to participate in the activity of their choice.  So what would you like to sign up for?

Website: www.stierbach.org/events/coronation_birthday2009.php

Let me know if you have any questions, or to let me know what can you do to help
Cairistiona
Autocrat