[Moo] 2nd East/Atlantian Interkingdom Practice from Noon to 5pm on 1/25/09

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Sat Jan 3 22:02:44 PST 2009

Given the much renowned success of our first Interkingdom practice in
October, we have been asked often and loudly for a sequel.  This time,
the practice will be closer to Atlantian borders held on 1/25/09 from
Noon to 5pm in the shire of Caer-Adamant, who proudly offered to host
the practice at their indoor practice site (which just happens to have
an adjacent bar).

As per the last practice, the focus and emphasis of the event will be
on training and practicing individual prowess and single combat
skills, since there tends to be a significant number of events focused
on melee training and war practice throughout the year.

King Darius, Duke Ronald Wilmot, Duke Timothy of Arindale, Sir Tanaka
Raiko, Sir Albrecht Von Halstern, Sir Gabriel of Maccuswell, and a
whole bunch of their folks and others are expected to be in attendance
at the practice from the East.  We've also heard rumors that mercenary
friends from Galatia and the Markland Army may very well be in
attendance, as may some travelers from Aethelmearc.  It looks to be an
outstanding opportunity to gain insight into a wide variety of styles,
skills, and talents from far and wide just a couple've hours North of
us.

We are still looking for folks to join us to show the Easterners the
strength of Atlantia, as Atlantian turnout at the last practice was
extremely far from ideal, to say the least.  If there's any chance you
can make it, this a fantastic opportunity to fight some fantastic
folks and learn from some of the best.  If there's a chance you can
make it to fight, or to come have a great time on a fun road trip and
help provide some extra passenger seats -- please think about joining
us!  Last time proved to be a fantastic opportunity to fight a great
group of extremely talented fighters with different styles, methods,
and skills and to learn and be tutored from some of the very best.
And the stories from the dinner afterwards and the rides to and from
were truly bard-worthy!

Please contact me at warlord at pontealto.org if you have any plans
whatsoever of attending (no matter how spurious), as the host shire is
looking to get and maintain a rough head-count.

Ridesharing and caravaning from throughout the Northern Region of
Atlantia are being arranged by the Expeditionary Corps through Lady
Kat at dreadpiratekat at gmail.com and details can be found at their
-- so please contact her as soon as possible if you want to carpool or
caravan to the practice.  If there is sufficient demand beforehand, we
might be able to arrange a group bus.

The practice will be held at the Smyrna Ambulance Company/American
Legion at 107 W. Glenwood Ave in Smyrna, DE.

We look forward to seeing everyone there, and hope everyone will make
an effort to join us.

In Service,

Max Von Halstern

PLEASE FORWARD AS APPROPRIATE

Smyrna Ambulance Company/American Legion

107 W. Glenwood Ave.
Smyrna, DE 19977

 From the south take I-95 to Rt 1 south. Take exit 119a to Smyrna.
Turn right on Glenwood Ave

 From the north take I-95 south across the Delaware memorial Bridge,
then take Rt-1 south to exit 119a to Smyrna.  Turn right on Glenwood
Ave.