[Moo] A little project I could use some help on.

Joshua de Gastyne joshbdeg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 16:06:18 PST 2009

Dear SCA Friends,
I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice on a craft project I am working on. I have a walking stick that is about 5'3" in height that i have stripped of the bark and have gotten it to be pretty smoothe. It is to be a gift to a friend and I wanted to find out the best way to waterproof it without it looking gunky from polyurethane. My friend also wants me to afix a large amethyst point to the top of it and I have struck out on ideas how. I had been thinking of using leather to hold the amethyst to the stick. My question are these, is leather a viable option for it and what would be the best way to seal it?

Regards,
Josh