[Moo] Norman History

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Thu Oct 22 16:48:58 PDT 2009

If you have an iTunes account, or even if you don't, you can subscribe
to an audio podcast called Norman Centuries- a Norman History Podcast
by Lars Brownworth.

The small blurb underneath the lovely picture of a part of the Bayeaux
Tapestry says:

Lars Brownworth, author of "Lost to the West" and creator of "12
Byzantine Rulers" presents "Norman Centuries", a podcast on the
Normans.  While popular Norman history focuses on the regions of
France and England, Norman Centuries covers the lesser known Italian
Normans as well. Visit us at http://www.NormanCenturies.com/

I have no idea what his reputation is as a scholar, but I figure for
free, it's worth a listen.

There's also Historyzine by Jim Mowattwhich is free,as well as
Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean by Philip A. Harland, All
Things Medieval by Sir Justus Webbe, Podcasts on Medieval Texts by
Matthew Gabriele (there's one on Ibn Battuta!), Medieval Islamic
Medicine etc. Go to the Podcasts section for Higher Education and do a
search for medieval and stand back. :)

Enjoy!

Countess Rowan

Now, there are many, many people in the world, but relatively few with
whom we interact, and even fewer who cause us problems. So, when you
come across such a chance for practicing patience and tolerance, you
should treat it with gratitude. It is rare. Just as having
unexpectedly found a treasure in your own house, you should be happy
and grateful to your enemy for providing that precious opportunity.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama