[Moo] Royal Court Report: Evening Royal Court at the Coronation of Vladimir and Kalisa and Stierbach Baronial Birthday, 29 Aug 2009

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Fri Sep 11 10:32:25 PDT 2009

(Third out of four, and the last one is short. For those who get neither
the Merry Rose nor the Atlantian heralds list. -Evan)

Unto Their Majesties Vladimir and Kalisa, the Triton Principal Herald, the Atlantian College of Heralds, the populace of Atlantia, and all who read these presents:

Greetings from Evan da Collaureo, Sackbut Herald, on this eleventh day of September. In my most recent missives I set forth the proceedings of the Last Court of Logan and Esa, and the Coronation Court of Vladimir and Kalisa, that took place at Stierbach's Baronial Birthday With Added Coronation Goodness (TM). :-)

This event happened on the 29th day of August, Anno Societatis XLIV. As the sun sank towards the western horizon on that day, Their Majesties did hold the first full Royal Court of the new reign. Their Majesties processed into Court, followed by Flaithri and Rhonwen, Baron and Baroness of Stierbach. Their Majesties did greet the populace and bade them take their ease.

The children present at the event were called into court, escorted by Jacintha of Highland Foorde. Their Majesties were presented with a poster made by the children, welcoming Them to the thrones; for this the royal couple gave thanks to all who had contributed to the gift. The children were then invited to partake of the Baronial toy basket in the back of court before heading to their dinner.

Their Majesties were not done with Jacintha yet, however. She was detained, and for her many efforts in various capacities (including this her first duty as head child-wrangler), she was given an Award of Arms.

Representatives of the Incipient Canton of Abhainn Iarthair were brought before the Thrones, and presented Their Majesties and Their Excellencies with gifts.

Beatrix von Leipzig was then summoned into the Royal presence. For her various services to the kingdom and to the Barony of Storvik, she was inducted into the Order of the Opal.

Their Majesties then requested the presence of Wenllyan Goch, and bestowed upon her an Award of Arms.

Iseulte of the Red Cliffs was invited before the thrones, where she announced the results of the day's Tempore Atlantiae competition. The number of entries for that day was unusually large for the category (pre-1000), which was greatly encouraging. There were many good entries, but the one deemed the day's best belonged to Ceallach of Stierbach. Ceallach's bronzework impressed Their Majesties so much that he was brought before Them and awarded a Silver Nautilus for his achievement.

Their Majesties then summoned Stefan von Kiel before Them, and made him the newest member of the Order of the Silver Osprey.

The presence of Jonathas Reinisch was then required. As Baron Jonathas knelt before the Thrones, the Sergeants of St. Aiden were called forth. They brought him into their copmpany, and Their Majesties gave Jonathas an Augmentation of Arms in the traditional recognition of this.

Seamus MacRae was invited into the Royal presence, and asked to become the new Kingdom Archery Champion, a post which he accepted. He took his place behind the Thrones with the other Champions.

Their Majesties then asked for Allen of Wolfhou, who announced advancements in the ranks of several of the kingdom's archers. I do not have the names of those noted, but there were several Bowman Elite ranks recognized, and one Grand Bowman Elite.

Gracia Esperan{c,}a de Sevilla was brought before the Thrones, and for excellence in autocratting was awarded a Herring.

Their Majesties then called for Margarethe von Schwartzberg, and bestowed upon her an Award of Arms.

After some closing remarks, Their Majesties invited Their Excellencies of Stierbach to hold a Baronial Court, the details for which can be supplied by the baronial herald. Among other baronial business, the results of, and awards for, various competitions held that day were announced.

Upon the close of the Baronial Court, Their Majesties' Court was straightaway closed.

This account is accurate to the best of my knowledge and complete to the extent of the information available to me. I regret that I have not the information to hand regarding who created the scrolls for the various gentles in this court, and welcome supplemental information to that effect. My efforts to assist Their Majesties with Royal Court were greatly aided by Lady Glynis Gwynedd and Lady Sian verch Gwilim ap Lewelin, who seconded court, and by Mistress Sunniva who handled the scrolls up until the start of Court. With thanks to these good gentles, and to all those others who assisted Their Majesties and Their Highnesses with Court on that day, I remain yours in service,

Evan da Collaureo, Sackbut Herald.