[Moo] Tuesday Fighter Practice After Action Report

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:43:33 PDT 2009

We had a small but focused practice last night.  Three heavy fighters
were in armor and practiced with a number of weapons and styles.  One
of our fighters bought a friend along who showed some interest in
heavy fighting.  He put on a helm, threw some blows, used a shield and
seemed to have a good time.  I hope to see him attend a few more
practices and really get involved.  I had a good time at practice and
learned a few things as well.

Lessons Learned:

1) Left handed fighters are not evil, just dangerous
2) A pole arm swung with enough force can blow through almost any
defence that a two sword fighter can offer.
3) Corollary to lesson two - A two sword fighter can move out of the
way of most pole arms swung with enough force to blow through their
defense and deliver a resounding smack to said wielder of pole arm.

William de Mont d'Or