[Moo] Dancing in Sudentorre!

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 08:43:47 PDT 2009

Greetings all!

This is a friendly reminder that for the next 2 tuesdays you will be an opportunity to learn to dance! We will be learning to trip the lights fantastic (or in my case trip) with a little "Upon a Summer's Day", "Scotch Cap", Picking of Sticks", "Grimstock", "Chestnut", "Black Nag" and possibly other dances. If you so desire, bring a light munchie. I have some rosemary sekanjabin for drink. We can make this a party!

Come to the Campus Christian Community (1213 Dandridge St, just off of College Ave near University of Mary Washington, in Fredericksburg) between 7-9pm, on tuesday, Sept 22 and 29. Directions are on the Sudentorre Website at www.sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org

On Saturday, Sept 26, we will have the opportunity to dance at the "We the People" Event at the Richie Farm (turn right on Richie Road, off of Rt 17 north just before you get to Bealeton, Va. It is near the Flying Circus). This event will run from about 11am til about 6pm. (Set up by 10am, and fireworks after dark) There will be plenty of food for sale from 1-5pm. We are going and demonstrating "the Europe from whence the early settlers came to Virginia". That translates as we are predomianatly dressing and demonstrating late 1500s-mid 1600s hand crafts, dancing, music, games, and culture. Bring what you think would fit into this demo, and join us in the fun! If you do not have late period garb, contact me, because I may have some available to loan. (blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com)

Looking to see you dancing,
-Blitha of Wolfhou