[Moo] Demo at Massaponix HS

thewolfhou at aol.com thewolfhou at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 11:05:10 PST 2010

Greetings all!

Looks like the weather this coming Saturday (Dec 11) will shine nicely on us for our Demo at Massaponax High School, and the temperature nice.

There will be heavy fighting Demo: I have heard that Ranulph, Flairthi, Allen, William, and perhaps Jonathain Blaine may be coming with heavy gear
There will be rapier fighting Demo (and Cut and Thrust): I have heard Flaithri, Allen, and Dante will be coming with gear
There will be Historical Martial Arts: Edward is bringing his stuff
Combat Archery is allowed and can happen if deemed a safe location: I have heard Allen is bringing his stuff
There will be displayed items..  Toys, Armor gear,... what else is coming? I have Jennifer, Miriel, Rose, and Anastasia to help me here
There will be activities... I am bringing the box of board games. Rose is bringing Cardweaving.  Anastasia is bringing fingerloop braiding. I am hoping for harps and musical instrument petting zoo again. I will be bringing the young Elizabeth and young Edward take your picture banners.

There will be heraldry and pagentry... I know of 2 heralds to announce the HS contestant teams with trumpet fanfaire, and to announce the overall winners of the games with great fanfaire.

Are you planning on coming? What would you like to do/bring?
For the display; some calligraphy is nice to show, armor (helms and chain mail are great... and I do not know where my chain mail shirt has gone to... can someone bring theirs?),  weaving projects, embroidery (will be handled), more toys, and other things high schoolers or their younger siblings or their parents may be interested in looking at... Musicians and singers are wonderful. A few verses of "Bow to the Crown" is an excellent start to the fighting demo.
Wear your spiff garb. And we will see you there!

Massaponax High School is in Spotsylvania Co. For those coming from the north, the HS is south of the shopping area Massaponax, which is south of Fredricksburg (taking I 95, go south to the Massaponax exit. go south on Rt 1. The HS is on the left). We will be setting up about 9am. The events start happening at 10. There will be pizza and other foods and sodas available for lunch. And the demo and cleanup should not go later than 4pm.

--Blitha of Wolfhou
phone: 540-809-6404