[Moo] will this help new fighters get geared up? Fw: [SCA-Chirurgeon] New form of Shirt Armor

Dexter Guptill 3fgburner at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:27:01 PDT 2011

Omarad's opinion (see below) pretty much says that it passes.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Barbara Miller
<blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Will this new stuff help new fighters get geared up and keep them safe? It
> is still being reviewed, so you may not want to just rush out and get it,
> but it does bear a looking at... Andreas has been testing this stuff, and
> not only is he a fighter, but also our current Kingdom Chirurgeon, so
> looking at it seriously for protection and preventing damage to the
> fighter...
> The first link takes you to the discussions reviewing the armor. Embedded
> in that is the link to the company making the stuff, and a helpful hint:
>
> [Scripsit Omarad, Society Earl Marshall]
>
> My conclusion:
> Zoombang Viscoelastic non Newtonian Fluid "padding" as provided in the
> Maximum
> Coverage shirt meets and exceeds the equivalency of SCA required minimum
> Kidney
> protection.

Re: outfitting new fighters, it could work.  Note that a full set of pads is
over $100, however.

Erich, MC and Marshall,
mka
--
Dex
http://members.cox.net/dguptill

"Rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only 'Open Fire', and 'I need to
reload'. " http://www.schlockmercenary.com