[Moo] Crown help

Rhonwen verch Tuder rhonwen at kandsbennett.net
Fri Apr 27 03:53:57 PDT 2012

Greetings unto the Barony of Stierbach.

Many of you may have heard about the challenge put forward by His Excellency
of Dun Carriag to the Baronage of Atlantia; that they find one member of
their populace to champion and support during the upcoming Crown Tournament.
>From his missive:

"I hereby challenge each of our Baronial cousins to either enter the list at
Crown Tournament or to field a champion in their stead to represent their
Barony. If each Barony sponsored one fighter then the minimum size of the
tournament would be seventeen combatants. I feel that as the tenders of
Atlantia's lands for Their Majesties we should take a larger role in the
tournament that will choose who those Majesties will be. How better to know
the mettle of the new heir then for you or your champion to have faced him
or her in combat on their way to winning the tournament."

We have spoken with our Baronial Champion, Sir Ragnarr, and he has agreed to
represent the Barony of Stierbach on May 5th in his bid for crown.  We have,
in conjunction with his consort, Baroness Willow, begun to plan for their
needs as well as the needs of the Barony for this day.

In addition to the Baronial challenge, there are also several A&S
competitions with a Heraldic theme to them.  One that we as a Barony can
enter is the heraldic competition for the best pavilion set-up.
Documentation optional but encouraged as it is extra points on the score.

With just a week until crown, we need your help.  If you are able to help us
in any of the ways listed below we, and our champion, would be most
grateful.  This is an opportunity to once again show the Kingdom how great
our Barony is!  As we will have a back pavilion and front pavilion (like we
did 2 years ago for crown) the front pavilion will be where we can shine.
All modern gear will be stowed in the back with an attempt to have a period
appearance in the front for the competition.

Help with Champion:

.         Food for hospitality (for our fighter: high protein, low sugar,
Norse themed foods)

.         Drinks for hospitality

.         Dress in Baronial Colors for procession, Norse inspired clothing
if possible to support Ragnarr

Help with set-up:

We will have 2 (possibly three) pavilions to set-up and take down at crown,
along with tables and chairs.  If you are able to help with this it will
make the chore much easier!

Help with Heraldry:

.         Banners and wall hangings to use for the day

.         Table clothes and period wares for public view

.         Help "spiffying" the pavilions before the tournament

.         Writing the documentation (Many people can do this!  If you are
bringing a heraldic item to share write a one page piece on it and send it
to me.  I will compile them into one document.)

Help with accessories:

.         Wooden tables

.         Period chairs/benches for populace seating

.         Nice serving dishes/platters/serving instruments for hospitality

Do you have an idea or suggestion that is not listed?  Please contact us.
We would love to know your thoughts.

Yours,

Flaithri and Rhonwen

Baron and Baroness Stierbach