[Moo] Alternate programming on the 21st - Elizabethan Jackets Class

Amie Sparrow troenwolf at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:23:52 PST 2012

Hi Folks,

In addition to the wonderful Baronial day scheduled for the 21st, I have alternate programming to offer. I will be giving my Elizabethan Jackets class in Falls Church at 1:00. So, if you don't have the whole day available for Baronial day but you want to get out of the house for a mere hour or two, join me in Falls church. The class announcement is below:

St. Anne’s Clothiers Guild – Lecture/discussion
about 17th Century Embroidered Jackets. On 21 January 2011 at 1:00 pm, Lady Amie
Sparrow will give a slide show depicting late Elizabethan / early Stuart embroidered
jackets. In 2010, Amie went to Great Britain with an embroidery study group, which
was allowed access to 12 extant jackets from museums including the Museum of
London, Victoria & Albert Museum, the Costume Museum of Bath, the Maidstone
Museum, the Museum of Nottingham, and the Gallery of Costume at Platt Hall. Photos of the jackets will highlight details of construction and
the embroidery. Because of photography agreements with the museums, Amie can
show the pictures for educational lectures, but the photos cannot be posted
electronically or distributed. So the only way to see them is to come to the
meeting! Amie has edited thousands of photos down to the 200 best pictures. Handouts
with information will be provided but no extant photos.

The meeting
will be at the Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church located at 3233 Annandale Road,
Falls Church, VA 22042.

Please RSVP to cmerritt923
at aol if you are able to make it.

YIS,